[GE users] Dynamic multicore requests

Fri Aug 24 01:06:22 BST 2007

Have you considered using the $pe_slots setting for the PE and
submitting your jobs with a range of 1 to 8?  That way all of the slots
will be assigned to a single machine, and the scheduler will put the job
on the biggest machine it can find.  If, however, only a single-core
machine is available, it'll take that as a last resort.

Daniel