[GE users] Logrotate for 'reporting' File

Charles Bacon bacon at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 24 15:32:34 BST 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:50 PM, Alain Roy wrote:

> The VDT team has essentially zero experience with SGE, which is a
> problem. I do believe that the Globus GRAM 4 adapter relies on the
> reporting file.
>
> I've copied Jeff Porter on this email because he is the one who is
> fixing the Globus GRAM 4 adapter for SGE. Perhaps he'll be able to
> give some insight into the problem.

If ARCO is keeping the same information as the logfile would have
kept, perhaps the right solution is for the SGE event generator to
get its events directly from the database instead of from the
logfiles?  Whose SGE adapter are you using?  It's possible they might
be interested in adding that functionality.  At the end of the day,
all the event generator wants to know is what has been going on in
the scheduler's world.  If it gets those from logfiles, great.  If it
can get them from the DB instead, fine.  It always keeps the
timestamp of the last known event, and I'm assuming you could use
that in the DB query.

Charles