[GE users] Some jobs wait long time in the queue

Massimo Canonico canonico at mfn.unipmn.it
Mon Aug 27 14:55:34 BST 2007

I have implemented the user fairshare policy

*********Easy setup of equal user fairshare policy******
  1. Make 2 changes in the main SGE configuration ('qconf -mconf'):
         * enforce_user auto
         * auto_user_fshare 100

  2. Make 1 change in the SGE scheduler configuration ('qconf -msconf'):
         * weight_tickets_functional 10000

but I do not like the current behavior of the scheduler.

In particular there is one user who has submitted 1000 jobs with a rapid
response time and another user that is waiting for a resource for hours.
I would like see that the user waiting in the queue gets higher priority
in order  to not wait so long time.

How can I speed up the priority level of the users waiting in the queue?

Cheers,