[GE users] Running SGE as user "sge" on AIX

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at scania.com
Thu Aug 30 13:17:22 BST 2007

Hello!

I'm trying to work out how to get SGE (execd) running as user "sge" on
AIX53.

The process starts OK as user root, but I can't get it to start as user
"sge". This is most likey due to the sge being prevented to bind to
sockets/ports lower than 1024. We use 537 and this causes problems when
the process can't bind.

The solution is -probably- to allow the sge user to open the ports
nessesary - but I dont know how, not being a AIX techy.

Any help on this would be much apprechiated.

/Erik