[GE users] Nodes dying with "Kernel panic" after upgrade to 6.1u2

Schenker, Martin MSchenker at illumina.com
Fri Aug 31 11:24:22 BST 2007

Hi all!

Yesterday we upgraded to 6.1u2 from 6.1. Shortly thereafter nodes
started to die with "Kernel panic" messages on the screen:

CPU 0: Machine Check Exception:	4 Bank 4: b200000000070f0f
TSC 4ab5ba5354b
Kernel panic - not syncing: Machine check
_

We've now rolled back to 6.1 and are still testing. No hang-ups so
far... Has anyone seen a similar behaviour?
We're running AMD64 Opterons (HP DL145) nodes with the
sge-6.1-bin-lx24-amd64 code.

Best, Martin