[GE users] GE approach question

Mikhail A. Pokidko mikhail.pokidko at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:58:28 GMT 2007

Hi all,
Excuse me for possibly lame question but didn`t find any suitable
answers in maillist archive or google.

We`ve got ~200 OpenVZ virtual private servers with
Apache/MySQL/Postgres/etc in each.
Shortly i`d like to know can i use GridEngine cluster to run 2 or more
identical vpses to reduce per-vps load?
In my vision such load reduce can be combined with som kind of high
availability. My dream is to provide failover and
parallelling task just adding some more vpses (OpenVZ vpses seems to
be more suitable to control cpu/memory load then bare host machine).

--
ALTLinux Team
xmpp: solar AT solar.net.ru