[GE users] Reg: Interactive jobs on windows execution host

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 3 17:03:18 GMT 2007

manju a wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> i tried to follow your steps wht u have given but GUI window not coming !!!!
>
> i am trying to execute the command like this
>
> qsub -l display_win_gui=1 -b yes -shell no -P myproj
> /dev/fs/C/windows/system32/cmd.exe "c:\\script\myscript.bat"

I didn't test it, but I think this will fail. "cmd.exe" needs a "/c"
option, and the path needs double backslashes.

> myscript.bat looks like this
>
> @echo off
> c:
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> bash --login -i -c "calc"
> ;end

Does this run if started directly from the Windows command prompt?

> This batch script should invoke calc window but not doing any thing.
> can u please let us know some sample script that will invoke GUI
> window an windows execution host, that will helps a lot.

Use simple batch scripts first, that just start Windows binaries like
calc.exe or notepad.exe. If this works, go on and try to start Cygwin
binaries. A sample is:

C:\Windows\notepad.exe

Regards,
Harald