[GE users] Integrate MVAPICH 0.9.9 with Grid Engine 6.0u11

Eric Zhang maillistbox at 126.com
Tue Dec 4 08:10:08 GMT 2007

    [ The following text is in the "GB2312" character set. ]

Hi, users:

    I want to do a tight-integration between MVAPICH 0.9.9 and Grid
Engine 6.0u11. I found a how-to article here:

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mvapich/MVAPICH_Integration.html

    I downloaded the package from this article and found that the
mpirun_rsh.c patch was made based on MVAPICH 0.9.5. So can I use this to
patch MVAPICH 0.9.9? -- Of course, I will read this patch file and
modify mpirun_rsh.c manually while not use `patch' program.

    BTW: Actually, I am afraid of modifying the MVAPICH's source code,
Is there any method to tight integrate MVAPICH & Grid Engine while not
need to modify the MVAPICH's source code? -- Just like tight-integration
between MPICH & Grid Engine, I just add some environment variables in my
job script, then it's done -- very easy!

    Thanks. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Eric Zhang
2007-12-4