[GE users] Arco Installation NOT on SGE-ROOT

alena plestilova Alena.Plestilova at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 4 11:06:26 GMT 2007

Hello Alois,
there is no problem to install dbwriter on a different node than
sge_qmaster is installed. Use the same SGE_ROOT directory - be sure the
SGE_ROOT is installed on the shared nfs accessible from this node.
Regards,
aja

Alois Dirnaichner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed the ARCo on the same node as sge_qmaster, but especially the
> dbwriter is derogating the qmaster with its heavy load and memory usage.
> Since our site is ment to be a production system (more or less), I want
> to install ARCo or at least parts of it on a different machine. Is it
> possible?
> If this is the wrong mailing list to pose questions concerning ARCo,
> please tell me,
> thanks anyway,
>
> Alois Dirnaichner
> CMG - ASC