[GE users] Reg: Interactive jobs on windows execution host

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 4 11:40:46 GMT 2007

Hi Manju,

one more idea:
If there is a "SGE_BACKGND_MODE" environment variable set to "1" or
"true" (case-insensitive) in the job environment, the helper service
will start the job, but the GUI will not be visible on the execution
hosts' screen.
Please make sure this isn't set accidentially.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com