[GE globus] [GE users] Problem sending jobs with globusrun-ws: Current job state: Unsubmitted

Esteban Freire Garcia esfreire at cesga.es
Wed Dec 5 10:53:50 GMT 2007

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for you answer. I have "reporting=true" but I had "joblog=false",
at these moments I already have changed this and now I have
"joblog=true", after this, I have reinstalled the packages of "London
e-Science Centre" y I have ran the gpt-postinstall again, but
unfortunately,  it keeps without pass of the state "unsubmitted":
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[esfreire at svgd ~]$ globusrun-ws -submit -pft -T 10000 -s -S -factory
svgd.cesga.es -Ft SGE -c /bin/hostname
Delegating user credentials...Done.
Submitting job...Done.
Job ID: uuid:1fe5c0d2-a31d-11dc-a78b-000423ac0723
Termination time: 12/06/2007 10:30 GMT
Current job state: Unsubmitted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing that I don't understand is that in the link to "London
e-Science Centre" say, "Your SGE installation must also be configured
with support for the reporting logfile enabled, and that logfile must be
accessible from the server on which you are installing GT4", I don't
know which is this "logfile"? I suppose that is
"$SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster/messages"

Other thing that it's indicating that something go wrong,  I think is
that the job only run about 1 second.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[globus at svgd JobManager]$ qacct -j 1417415
qname        pro_cytedgrid
hostname     compute-1-12.local
group        cesga
owner        cyteduser