[GE globus] [GE users] Problem sending jobs with globusrun-ws: Current job state: Unsubmitted

Jeff Porter RJPorter at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 5 16:24:40 GMT 2007

Hi Esteban,

the logfile noted in the docs is the 'reporting' file: $SGE_ROOT/default/common/reporting.  The gt4 c-code reads that file for jobs state information instead of the calling qsub from sge.pm as is done for gt2.  I wouldn't spend much time on the sge.pm file as its use in gt4 is essentially just for submission.  And the patch you say you applied before is directed at fixing gt2-specific details that break gt4 submissions.

One other issue is if you are running ARCO you may have this problem. I understand the dbwriter code deletes the reporting file with each read as its mechanism for checkpointing. Thus gt4 will never see the change in state through this file.

Thanks, Jeff