[GE users] Reg: Interactive jobs on windows execution host

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 6 14:56:39 GMT 2007

Hi Manju,

just to be sure: In the properties dialog the "N1 Grid Engine Helper
Service", on the "Log On" Tab, is there a check in the "Allow service to
interact with desktop" box?

> i have a strong feeling that job is running fine under background, but
> GUI window not appearing, how should be the output a normal notepad
> window should come in a windows user login, one who has submitted that
> job??

The GUI opens on the screen of the currently logged on user, no matter
if it is the same user as the job user. If nobody is logged on
currently, then the GUI is not visible because the logon screen is a
special one that allows only the logon dialog to be displayed.
But I have a problem then with my test host: The login dialog is
disabled then, nobody can log in locally. I just can select to reboot
the host. This is a bug, of course. But the job runs in the background.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com