[GE users] keep nodes out of all.q

Brad Sickler basickler at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 6 14:58:28 GMT 2007

Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Zitat von Brad Sickler <basickler at ucdavis.edu>:
>
>> I think the answer to this shouldn't bet too complicated and I'm sorry
>> if it's already been asked but I couldn't find it.
>>
>> How do you keep compute nodes out of all.q when they re-kickstart? That
>> is, I have a multiple nodes I'm setting up on the cluster that are in
>> sge but I want to keep them out of all.q and keep them in a custom
>> queue. I set this up and everything works fine until they reinstall.
>> How can I stop them from getting reinserted whenever the power goes out?
>> I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> what do you mean with re-kickstart - to reinstall them all the time
> when you reboot the nodes?
>
> -- Reuti

Sorry, I posted to the sge list and the rocks list at the same time
without really specifying things on the e-mail enough. On a rocks
cluster anytime the nodes don't shutdown gracefully and go through the
rocks reinstall they are re-added into as @allhosts default queue as
well as appended to all.q I just wanted to prevent this.

Brad