[GE users] Reg: Interactive jobs on windows execution host

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 7 14:14:33 GMT 2007

manju a wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> Do we need to make any changes in the grid confiuration files to run
> this type interactive jobs or display_win_gui=ture variable is enough
> to invoke GUI window an windows execution host??

No, there is nothing else. Just install the Helper Service together with
the execution daemon and request the "display_win_gui=true" variable.
And make sure someone is locally logged in on the Windows execution
host, otherwise the GUI can't be displayed on the screen.

If you execute
# qconf -sc

the list of known variables is printed. There should be a line like
display_win_gui  dwg  BOOL  ==  YES  NO  0  0

This means that at least one sge_execd reports that it has a running
Helper Service on it's host. But if this line would be missing, a job
submitted with "-l display_win_gui=true" wouldn't be scheduled in the
first place.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware