[GE users] 6.2 mechanism

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 7 16:06:19 GMT 2007

Jean-Christophe Ducom wrote:
> Dan mentioned that 6.2 will have new launch mechanism that won't rely
> any more on rsh/ssh.
> I was wondering (again, as I didn't get any reply) whether or not it
> will be still possible to use SGE 6.2 with a Kerberos(/AFS) underlying
> infrastructure. Rsh/ssh could forward tickets(therefore tokens).
> Will the new mechanism be able to do it?

Although I wrote the new mechanism, I don't know how this ticket
forwarding works, so I'd say: No. But you can still use the old
mechanism, and the new mechanism provides a kind of data channel where
such a ticket could be sent to the execution host. I just has to be
implemented...

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware