[GE users] Job submission from Tomcat

Petr Jung Petr.Jung at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 11 08:30:17 GMT 2007

Hi Fabiano,
Please consider to layer the application. Web  application can write a
message to file or xml file and the separate drmaa client can execute
jobs and  report results. This approach can be easy  tested and you will
not mix the web application logic with the drmaa logic.

Petr

Fabiano napsal(a):
> Hi,
> I'm trying to develop a java web application that
> permits users to submit jobs from a web page. I'm
> using java with jsp and tomcat as the application
> server. I'm using drmaa to submit jobs, but jobs can't
> complete execution. When I try to call:
> JobInfo info = drmaaSession.wait(id,
> Session.TIMEOUT_WAIT_FOREVER);
> I receive:
> org.ggf.drmaa.NoResourceUsageException: no usage
> information was returned for the completed job
>
> If I wait job termination with Thread.sleep() and I
> check the status with
> drmaaSession.getJobProgramStatus(id) I see that the
> job failed.
>
> If I start the same program from the shell I have no
> errors. What could be the problem? Maybe a daemon
> can't submit jobs?
> Thanks in advantage
>
> Fabiano

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]