[GE users] Is there a DAGMan alternative for SGE?

Tue Dec 11 17:11:20 GMT 2007

Hi Atle,

so far there is no direct counterpart for DAGMan in SGE.
Nevertheless interdependent jobs can be used and are used at many
sites. Just have a look at the -hold_jid <wc_job_list> option
described in qsub(1).

With 6.2 improved job dependencies amongst array jobs will be
available through the -hold_jid_ad  <wc_job_list> option. For
details on rationale/implementation/functionality look at

    http://open.rsp.com.au/?page_id=11

Regards,
Andreas