[GE users] Is there a DAGMan alternative for SGE?

Tue Dec 11 17:19:55 GMT 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Reuti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 11.12.2007 um 17:37 schrieb Atle Rudshaug:
>
>> Just wondering if there is an alternative to Condor's DAGMan for Sun
>> Grid Engine? If not, is there some other way set up dependencies for
>> jobs or epiloge scripts to be run after a collection of jobs? I want
>> to gather and compare end results from a collection of jobs
>> automatically.
>
> there are two options:
>
> - in qsub you can specify a predecessor job(list): -hold_jid <jobid-list>
>
> - you can compile SGE on your own and get an extra binary called qevent to
> start a script when a job completes

Well, acutally qevent is not necessarily needed for that purpose. Job
completion events can already be gripped with drmaa_wait(3). That way
the DRMAA/Ruby based job flow processor

    http://drmaa4ruby.sunsource.net/source/browse/drmaa4ruby/src/samples/flow/

controls job resubmission.

Regards,