[GE users] Troubles installing SGE exec_d on windows

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 12 15:33:33 GMT 2007

nico duce wrote:
> I installed sge on linux Fedora Core 4, I have master and execution
> hosts working, but when I try to install a windows execution host, the
> instalation script gives me this message:
>
> /*The admin user >POST1+default< doesn't match the admin username
>  >POST1+none< in the global cluster configuration
> */

Nico, could you please tell me which SGE version you are using?

You did install SGE as a 'root system' with no SGE admin user, right?
I.e. the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap file contains the entry
"admin_user  none" and all daemons are started by root (or on Windows:
the local Administrator), right?

I think there is a validity test that is too strict on Windows in this
special case.

As a workaround please try to set the "admin_user" entry in the
bootstrap file to a valid user name, e.g. "admin_user nico", to install
the Windows execution host. Set it back to "none" after the installation.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com