[GE users] Troubles installing SGE exec_d on windows

Beat Rubischon beat at 0x1b.ch
Thu Dec 13 15:07:45 GMT 2007

Hello!

nico duce schrieb:
> Now Im reading this nice paper with a lot of information   about
> installing SGE on windows hosts, it says that you must have a domain to
> make it work.

Domain ist not a must. Of course, it will help you to synchronize the
users between all involved systems - but you may also manage your
userbase locally.

I never tried to install the Grid Engine without an administrative user,
so I can't tell you if such a setup is working. As Harald has written,
it's probably the trouble you found.

Beat

--
     \|/                           Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch>