[GE users] Dynamic priority ?

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Fri Dec 14 09:55:58 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have a small grid that have just about 14 CPUs :)

Problem I have is that there is several users that submit thousands of job
and some users that submit about one job per week at max...

I'd like that priority to be dynmicly changed to people that submit jobs
inversly proportionnal of number ob job currently in queue.

Example :

I have a qquota ok :

{
    name         peruser_lim
    description  Per user limits to 7 Slots
    enabled      TRUE
    limit        users {*} to slots=7
}

A user1 and user2 sends 2000 jobs in queue, so there is no nodes
availables because we have 14 CPU that are 100% used with this 2 users.

A user3 that send just a job arrive and send a job.

I'd like that this user's job have to send to one available slot as soon
as possible when there is one free slot (for example when one of user1 or
user2 job has finished).

I do the manualy with qalter and change the priority of the job, but it
should be nice if this can be done manualy.

I run SGE 6.1 (not yet upgraded to new recents updates)..

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - http://oav.net/