[GE users] PE only offers 0 slots?

Ross Dickson Ross.Dickson at dal.ca
Fri Dec 14 17:31:41 GMT 2007

Dear all,

Well, I've answered the second question myself.  We had done the math
wrong in the pe config (qconf -mp mpich) and didn't have enough slots
set there.  (Doh!)

I'd still appreciate any comments on why the scheduler makes such
idiotic claims as "only offers 0 slots".  If it did the math and said
"only 72 of 164 slots are free" or something like that, it would be much
better.

--
Ross Dickson         Computational Research Consultant
ACEnet               http://www.ace-net.ca