[GE users] PE's and wildcards

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Mon Dec 17 13:21:48 GMT 2007

Daniel Templeton wrote:
> Todd,
>
> You can wildcard the resource request, but not the PE.  You might be
> able to work out some kind of epilog or starter method that can look for
> the job's evil twin and delete it before the job runs, letting you
> submit the same job with different requirements and make sure that only
> one runs.

Are you sure about that?  I could have sworn that you could use wildcards in
PEs at one point, perhaps in the 5.3 series.  This was really useful for
having two PEs that covered different groups of compute nodes, across two
physical switches, for example.

<rummage, rummage>

AH!

http://gridengine.info/articles/2006/02/14/grouping-jobs-to-nodes-via-wildcard-pes

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)