[GE users] PE's and wildcards

Fritz Ferstl ferstl at sun.com
Mon Dec 17 15:23:14 GMT 2007

If jobs are supposed to consume all available slots in a pe then that
would be accomplished by

qsub -pe mpi* 1- job.sh

and, yes, the numbers of slots allocated to the different pes would vary.

If you need a fixed number, say 4 for mpi1, and then some multiplier for
the other mpi-pes, e.g. in order to account for slower HW, then you
could play some tricks with the hostfile created for each job but I
don't know of any direct way in which something like this is supported.

Fritz