[GE users] PE's and wildcards

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Mon Dec 17 16:03:50 GMT 2007

Todd.Henderson at L-3Com.com wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> But the problem is that I need a different number of slots for each pe,
> so for mpi1 lets say, the job needs 4, but if it goes into mpi2, it need
> 6 maybe, etc.

Could you assign different slot allocation values to different queues, and
associate those queues with different PEs?  For example, create two PEs:  mpi4
and mpi6, and set the allocation rule to 4 and 6 respectively.

Then, run qsub:

   qsub -pe mpi* 4-6 job.sh

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)