[GE globus] [GE users] Problem sending jobs with globusrun-ws: Current job state: Unsubmitted

Otheus (aka Timothy J. Shelling) otheus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:17:33 GMT 2007

Esteban wrote:

> Otheus (aka Timothy J. Shelling) escribió:
>
> Here is the new sge.pm file. Remember to comment out line 65 if you still
> dont see a log file in the Globus home log directory.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Hi Otheus,
>
> I'm sorry but I keep without have the file "/tmp/jobmanager-sge.log" , I
> also tried commenting the line "#if (!defined $description->logfile())" but
> it didn't work.

First, I missed your email last week.

Second, the only explanation I can give is that the problem is "up the
call-chain", that is, somewhere else in Globus. It appears that new() is not
being called on the object. But this is impossible if the job is being
submitted. Can anyone figure out why Globus is not creating a logfile here?

sub new
{
    my $proto = shift;
    my $description = shift;
    my $class = ref($proto) || $proto;

    if (!defined $description->logfile())
    {
      $description->logfile("/tmp/jobmanager-sge.log");
    }
    my $self = $class->SUPER::new($description, @_);

    $self->log($ENV{"GLOBUS_LOCATION"});

    bless $self, $class;