[GE users] run time intel compiler library libsvml not found

SLIM H.A. h.a.slim at durham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 18:08:24 GMT 2007

Reuti

> what about having a:
>
> echo $PATH
> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> ldd <myexe>
>
> in the jobscript to see what it has at execution time.

The first and second suggestion are what I had done in the jobscript as
# 1 and 2, the libray could be resolved and the env variable was up to
date.

1) ldd on the exe => ok, all libraries are resolved
2) print value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH => ok, includes the
directory to the
intel lib path
3) added #$ -V => no effect
4) added #$ -S /bin/tcsh as this is the shell the script is
run from.

I also had tried already
5) login to an execution host and check ldd and env variable there and
they were ok

The strange thing is that it also depends on whether the Intel library
path is set in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in the tcsh shell from which qsub is
called. If it is set it works but if not, the job fails. (We use the
module setup but that should not make a difference?) Is there some
inheritance problem here?

I'll try the rpath setup again that Rayson mentioned.

Henk