[GE users] scenario quizz

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Wed Dec 19 18:11:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Here is a scenario quizz.

I have a cluster of 3 machines and need to reboot one of them. It's the master server and there is no shadow server.

All processor are running something so I'll reduce the queue of the master server to 0, eventually all task will be done so the master server wont take any new task.

What will happen with the other tasks on the other servers? Everything is in GFS, so no disk problem here, and of course if some task finish on the nodes, no scheduler will be there to push another job. After the reboot everything will be just like before and I'll put back some slots on the master server.

Does this scenario sound correct or out of bound? Is it the best approach?

Thanks.

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]