[GE users] run time intel compiler library libsvml not found

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 19 20:14:55 GMT 2007

Am 19.12.2007 um 19:08 schrieb SLIM H.A.:

> Reuti
>
>> what about having a:
>>
>> echo $PATH
>> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> ldd <myexe>
>>
>> in the jobscript to see what it has at execution time.
>
> The first and second suggestion are what I had done in the
> jobscript as
> # 1 and 2, the libray could be resolved and the env variable was up to
> date.

Sorry, I got it wrong.

> 1) ldd on the exe => ok, all libraries are resolved
> 2) print value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH => ok, includes the
> directory to the
> intel lib path
> 3) added #$ -V => no effect
> 4) added #$ -S /bin/tcsh as this is the shell the script is
> run from.
>
> I also had tried already
> 5) login to an execution host and check ldd and env variable there and
> they were ok

An interactive login is different from executing a non-interactive
jobscript. I.e. a batch job starts nearly naked, only with the
necessary set environment varibles by SGE.

> The strange thing is that it also depends on whether the Intel library
> path is set in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in the tcsh shell from which qsub is
> called. If it is set it works but if not, the job fails.

Sounds okay with the -V switch, as then the variable is also defined
during jobtime (or not); it's inherited this way from the shell
session. Best would be to:

a) define the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the job script

b) add -v LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path_to_libs> as default request

> (We use the
> module setup but that should not make a difference?) Is there some
> inheritance problem here?

-- Reuti