[GE users] Run script on head node

Bradford, Matthew matthew.bradford at eds.com
Thu Dec 20 11:30:08 GMT 2007

We are trying to run a prologue/initial start script that runs on the head node of the cluster prior to running anything on any of the execution nodes that have been selected for the job. It appears that all the prolong/parallel environment scripts run on the execution nodes. Is there any easy way of specifying a script in this way.

Our solution, if this isn't possible, is the use of parallel environments and manipulating the list of hosts provided so that the parallel startup script runs on the head node.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mat

Matthew Bradford
Information Analyst
Applications Services Field Operations EMEA
UKIMEA RABU
EDS c/o Rolls-Royce Plc, Moor Lane
PO Box 31
Derby
DE24 8BJ

email:	matthew.bradford at eds.com
Office:	+44 01332 2 22059

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.
? 2005 Electronic Data Systems Corporation. All rights reserved.

Electronic Data Systems Ltd
Registered Office:, Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London  W1J 6ER
Registered in England no: 53419
VAT number: 432 99 5915