[GE users] Duplicate QINSTANCE entries

Göran Uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Thu Dec 20 16:39:45 GMT 2007

While trying to figure out why our schedd grows big, I discovered that
our configuration database has what looks like duplicate entries for
some queue instances:

    siegerland> sudo $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/lx24-amd64/spooledit list QINSTANCE | grep short.cabinda
    QINSTANCE:short/cabinda.got.jeppesensystems.com
    QINSTANCE:short at cabinda.got.jeppesensystems.com

As you can see there is one entry where a / separates queue and host,
and one where @ does so.  Is this remnants from some failed upgrade?
Or is it maybe even correct?  Should I remove the broken entries?

(I don't know if this has any connection with schedd growing too big.
We are still investigating what the schedd problem could be.)