[GE users] Environment in queue suspend/terminate/resume methods( was SGE_CWD_PATH )

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 21:59:57 GMT 2007

I've got a workaround now using the $TMPDIR. I figured that was the common environment variable being set in most of the places within SGE!. Sometimes some applications don't get killed in a proper way , and they need their own commands to be run for proper kills. Also some special application commands can be run for example during suspension etc in the queue's terminate/suspend/resume methods.

/Dev

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote: Hi,

Am 20.12.2007 um 14:30 schrieb Dev:

>     I find that the environment variables which are passed to the
> script in the suspend/resume/terminate method of the queue is only
> a subset of what gets passed to the job script itself by SGE. Is
> this the default behavior? If yes , is there any other way for me
> to get access to values like $TMPDIR, SGE_CWD_PATH etc associated
> with the job from within these methods of the queue ?

at least $TMPDIR is defined for me in the suspend method (just output
the `set` command therein to a file). But just for curiosity: what
will you do there besides sending a sigstop to the processes?

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net