AW: [GE users] Run script on head node

Ochtrup, Carsten carsten.ochtrup at eds.com
Fri Dec 21 09:18:18 GMT 2007

Mat,

yes, all the scripts of a started job will run on the execution node the
SGE submitted the job to.

You can do a rsh or ssh connection to the head node inside your scripts
to run a job on another node. Best if you are using the SGE rsh wrapper.

In a parallel environment you can specify the master queue. That is
where you master job will run, but I do not think this would be a clever
solution for your problem.

Regards,
Carsten