[GE users] Close Cluster

Gon?alo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Fri Dec 21 11:28:32 GMT 2007

Hi *.

A simple question... Our cluster will have a downtime after Xmas and we
want to upgrade to SGE 6.1u3. Currently we are in SGE 6.0u7.

We have our cluster full, with a lot of running and pending jobs. We
want to close the queues, that is:
- All running jobs must end correctly
- All pending jobs must start running and end correctly
- No new jobs are accepted

In this way, the cluster would not accept more jobs, and the pending
ones could start to run and finish by Wednesday, when we will start the
intervention.

In the documentation there is no simple way to do that, or at least, I
was not able to find it.
The only thing I found was "qconf -ke all -ks -km" but this is not what
I want.

Cheers
Goncalo