[GE users] All queues dropped because of overload or full

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 20:05:05 GMT 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 11:47 AM, Alexandre Racine <Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the Hyperthreading hint. I think I'll remove it in the near future since most of processes do use 100% cpu. I'll test with something heavy and compare.

BTW, hyperthreading allows 2 threads to run simultaneously (at the
instruction level) on the same core. It could give better throughput
when the applications are mostly idle due to cache misses. It could
give worse throughput when the applications are memory bandwidth
limited, and evicting each other's cache lines. However, if you look
at top or vmstat could still show that the processes use over 100% in
either case.

Rayson