[GE users] qmake job and errors: pid: No such file or directory

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Dec 28 21:15:45 GMT 2007

I am trying to run qmake on the Solexa analysis pipeline (probably not
important, but....).  When I run this command, I get the following error:

can't open file /tmp/285.1.all.q/pid: No such file or directory

I have the shepherd trace available, also.  Does this problem ring any bells
for anyone?

As for details of our setup, we have several linux boxes running the
lx24-amd64 binaries (though they are intel machines).  All are using ssh for
communication.  None has a firewall enabled.  They are using shared home
directories, but /tmp, etc., are local to the machines.  Qlogin, qrsh, and
qsh seem to be working.  We have openmpi installed, also.

I know the question is pretty vague.  I am pretty new to SGE, so debugging
these issues is pretty new also.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Sean