[GE users] freebsd ports update?

Brooks Davis brooks at aero.org
Mon Dec 31 18:12:38 GMT 2007

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 05:37:48PM -0800, Christopher McCrory wrote:
> Hello...
>
>   What are the plans for the freebsd ports tree and GE 6.1?  will there
> be a sysutils/sge60 for 6.0uX and sysutils/sge for 6.1uX ?  what about a
> port for ARCo ?

I'm planning to add a port for 6.1 fairly soon (I've been working on
it as a back-burner project for a while now).  I'll probably remove
sysutils/sge and replace it with sysutils/sge60 and sysutils/sge61.  I'm
currently getting hung up building some of the Java bits.

I looked at ARCo a bit just before Christmas and doing a port is going
to be interesting.  The data collector side looks fairly easy, but the
web part is based on the Sun Web Console so someone will need to figure
out how to get that running on FreeBSD since only Solaris and Linux
packages are available.  It doesn't look like there's a port yet so
that's a large additional dependency particularly if we end up needing a
Linux version of tomcat.

-- Brooks