[GE announce] Announcing Grid Engine 6.1 Preview 2 Binaries
Roland.Dittel at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 2 12:29:22 GMT 2007
[ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set. ]
[ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
Announcing Grid Engine 6.1 Preview 2 Binaries
Regensburg, Germany -- February 02, 2007
Grid Engine 6.1 Preview 2 courtesy binaries are now ready for download.
Grid Engine 6.1 will be the next step in the evolution of the Grid
Engine software. This release will help administrators to better manage
access to computational resources in a cluster and continues to improve
its excellent scalability in large clusters with a huge amount of jobs.
This preview release is feature complete. A Beta program is planned to
be started in February 2006.
The courtesy binaries are available at
The corresponding source code tags in the "gridengine" and "arco"
project CVS repositories have the name
A snapshot of the sources is available at the Documents & files page
A list of fixed problems since SGE 6.1preview1 is available at
New functionality delivered with this SGE 6.1preview2 release:
* the complex string attributes (CSTRING, STRING, RESTRING, HOST)
has been enhanced to allow regular boolean expressions for
wildcards or patterns. The new syntax is defined in the
sge_types(1) man page and examples can be found in complex(5).
* enhanced Resource Quota dynamic limit syntax to allow constant
summands. The new syntax for a dynamic limit is
* changed Resource Quota expanded list format from backquotes
'`expanded_list`' to the more "shell-like" use of
* the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is no longer set for
Solaris and Linux by the Grid Engine settings.[c]sh file. Instead
the dynamic library path is determined at runtime.
* new switch "-wd" for qsub, qalter, qsh, qrsh and qmon to specify
the job working directory.
* MySQL support for the Grid Engine Accounting and Reporting Console
* support for FreeBSD at source code level
* various qmon usability improvements provided by Hin-Tak Leung
New functionality delivered with the SGE 6.1preview1 release:
* Resource Quotas allow to limit the maximum number of running jobs
per user, user group, projects on arbitrary resources like queues,
hosts, memory, software licenses. A firewall-like rule syntax
allows an unprecedented flexibility in defining Grid Engine
Resource Quotas (RQ). The man pages qquota(1),
sge_resource_quota(5) and qconf(1) describe the new functionality.
The design of the Resource Quotas can be found here
* the Grid Engine Accounting and Reporting Console (ARCo) is now
part of the open source project and included with the courtesy
* support for Apple Mac OS X on the x86 platform
* support for Linux on Itanium (IA64)
* a Solaris 10 DTrace script supports monitoring and helps to do a
* with the help of our community members job online usage is now
supported for Apple Mac OS X, IBM AIX and HP HP-UX
* for developers an early access to a Java API (JGDI) is part of the
courtesy binary distribution
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roland Dittel Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-275 (x60275)
Software Engineering Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7 mailto:roland.dittel at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg http://www.sun.com/gridware
To unsubscribe, e-mail: announce-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: announce-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
More information about the gridengine-users