[GE users] specifying ports for rsh?

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at unc.edu
Fri Feb 2 18:21:01 GMT 2007

Greetings everyone!

I've been poking around all over the place and can't seem to put my
finger on anything, so I figured I'd give the list a shot...

Currently, if I run something via qrsh, it uses a random(ish), very
high port number to send the command out. We changed our config so
that it sends via ssh instead of rsh, but it still uses a port number
in the vicinity of 55000.

Is there a documented range of ports it will use, or better yet, a
way to configure it to just go out over the standard port?

Thanks in advance,
~Ian