[GE users] job requests unknown resource

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 2 20:59:23 GMT 2007

Am 02.02.2007 um 21:28 schrieb Adrian Lang:

>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> Am 02.02.2007 um 14:39 schrieb Adrian Lang:
>>
>>> dear gridengine users,
>>>
>>> I encounter a rather interesting problem - qstat prints the
>>> following informations (same for all other execution hosts):
>>> ---
>>> hard resource_list:         h_fsize=1500M,h_cpu=5400
>>> soft resource_list:         own=TRUE
>>> [...]
>>> scheduling info:
>>> [...]
>>>                           (-l h_cpu=5400,h_fsize=1500M) cannot run
>>> in queue instance "fhiforeign.q at compute-1-10" because job requests
>>> unknown resource (h_fsize)
>>> [...]
>>> ---
>>>

>>> qconf -sc prints:
>>> ---
>>> #name               shortcut   type        relop requestable
>>> consumable default  urgency
>>> #-------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> --
>>> -------------------
>>> [...]
>>> h_fsize             h_fsize    MEMORY      <=    FORCED
>>> YES        0        0
>>> [...]
>>> ---
>>
>> You attached it also in the definition of the exec host with an
>> initial value set there (as it's consumable)?
>>

> actually, the h_fsize host value is supplied by a costum load
> sensor, so I
> cannot add a default value, or?

Don't get the things mixed:

- A default value (for the consumption) is set in the complex
definition. As h_fsize is FORCED, you don't need one.

- You defined h_fsize as consumable - so consume from which inital
amount? This is set in the exec host definition in "complex_values".

You can either remove the consumable attribut or add the inital
amount in the exechost definition. It's indeed possible to use a
complex as a consumable and a load sensor at the same time. The lower
of the calculated/reported values is used.

-- Reuti