[GE users] job requests unknown resource

Adrian Lang lang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Fri Feb 2 21:58:02 GMT 2007

> Am 02.02.2007 um 21:28 schrieb Adrian Lang:
>

>>> Hi Adrian,

>>> You attached it also in the definition of the exec host with an
>>> initial value set there (as it's consumable)?
>>>

>> actually, the h_fsize host value is supplied by a costum load
>> sensor, so I
>> cannot add a default value, or?
>
> Don't get the things mixed:
>
> - A default value (for the consumption) is set in the complex
> definition. As h_fsize is FORCED, you don't need one.
>
> - You defined h_fsize as consumable - so consume from which inital
> amount? This is set in the exec host definition in "complex_values".
>
> You can either remove the consumable attribut or add the inital
> amount in the exechost definition. It's indeed possible to use a
> complex as a consumable and a load sensor at the same time. The lower
> of the calculated/reported values is used.
>
> -- Reuti

I meant "initial value", not "default value", you're right. However, an
initial value wouldn't be useful. I would expect the SGE to subtract
actual declared consume from the reported value, like

100G (reported h_fsize for the host) - 60G (requested h_fsize for job 1
running on the host) - 20G (requested h_fsize for job 2 running on the
host) = 20G remaining for pending jobs.

Nevertheless, I still have the problem with the pending job not getting
dispatched.

--
Adrian Lang (PP&B)
eMail: lang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de