[GE users] Your feedback on 6.1preview2 is appreciated

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue Feb 6 10:32:57 GMT 2007

Hi,

last week we announced the Grid Engine 6.1 Preview 2 availability. Your
thorough testing and feedback is welcome and needed to ensure and improve
the quality. Our planned code freeze date for the follow up beta is already
next week on Wednesday 2/14 - so please start your testing soon.

For the new mySQL support for ARCo we have created a small HOWTO which
should facilitate the installation:

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/arco/arco_mysql.txt

What are our next plans:

On February 22nd (or very few days later) we are starting the official Sun
Beta program for N1 Grid Engine 6.1. At the same time we'll make Beta
binaries available for for the open source community. The Sun Beta will come
with Windows binaries and include a Beta version of the documentation in PDF
format.

By end of April we are planning to release Grid Engine 6.1.

Regards,
Andy