[GE users] power off execution hosts

S Kanakakorn configterm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:45:55 GMT 2007

I'd like to make the Grid use less energy.  Let's say I want to power
off half off the execution hosts when they are not needed and turn
them on demand.  Can I just power  them off and leave the Grid to
decide that it should not send the job to the host which is not
reachable ?

A cleaner approach might be using script to remove execution hosts
from parallel configuration, queue and execution host via grid
commands.

What's the good practice for this ?

Thanks,
--