[GE users] How to get all exec node names from a single exec host not defined as a submission host?

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Wed Feb 7 12:50:34 GMT 2007

> > I'm trying to implement a function which runs on every exec host and
> > needs to know the names of all other exec hosts belonging to the
> cluster.
> > The problem is that the exec host were the function runs is not
> > defined as a submission host.
> > Is there a simple way to do this in SGE?
>
> The problem is that the exec host were the function runs is not
> defined
> as a ADMINISTRATION host.
> Is there a simple way to do what I want without needing to define the
> exec nodes as administration nodes in SGE?

Our exec hosts are always defined as submission hosts as well, which means
that qconf, qstat, qhost, etc. are also available

You could either use 'qconf -sel' or parse the 'qhost' output to get what
you need.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.