[GE users] mixing 6.0u7 and 6.0u10

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 20:48:53 GMT 2007

Just a "Would like it to be this way" thought. Isn't it possible to frame a standard like DRMAA for the way the DRMS store their internal info?  I know its not that easy :-((

/Dev

Daniel Templeton <Dan.Templeton at Sun.COM> wrote: Brooks,

In general, it's a bad idea to mix SGE versions.  In many cases, SGE
itself will prevent it.  The protocol used to communicate with the
qmaster (GDI) is versioned.  Any time that protocol changes, the version
gets revved.  To be able to talk to each other, both components must be
using the same version of the protocol.

Here's a blog post I wrote about the topic a while back:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/the_secret_of_the_gdi

Daniel

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net