[GE users] newbie stdout question

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Feb 8 10:02:02 GMT 2007

tapani.rousi at fgi.fi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been reading the manuals, but I haven't found any SGE's build-in
> functions/options to redirect the results back to the submit host.
>
> Is there any such functions/options?
> If not, why?
> If not, what would be the best way to do that?

I assume you are referring to the output and error files?

If you are reading/writing a lot of large data files,
of course an NFS mounted home directory would not be appropriate.
You should look at doing file staging:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/filestaging/

But I think first of all you should get your home directory sorted out
and put onto a common shared drive.

--
      John Hearns
      Senior HPC Engineer