[GE users] Re: License accounting - same IP only uses one?

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Thu Feb 8 12:48:32 GMT 2007

> complicates matters - but as SGE doesn't have the ability to count
> license per host/queue are always going to have to use your flicserver
> idea. The problem I see is that if I start two interactive jobs on my
> localhost through SGE and use lic=1 for each SGE thinks I have 2
> licenses out.

You could also try experimenting with a pseudo-server job.
Here is a quick thought:

Use two queues - 'serverq' and 'realq'. The serverq has exactly 1 slot and
the realq has X slots on a particular host and is subordinate to the
serverq. Submit a job with '-l lic=1' to the serverq to register the
required license use and to activate the realq. The server job does nothing
but idle
	while:
	do
	  sleep 60
	done

With a pseudo-server activated and the realq now enabled, submit your real
job without any license request.

When you are all finished, deregister your pseudo-server job via qdel.
If it works, let us know.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.