[GE users] Re: [GE SGE-6.0u4: Job Suspend does not work for child processes.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Feb 8 15:13:16 GMT 2007

Am 08.02.2007 um 10:58 schrieb Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM:

> Erik, most probably this application asconds the process group id.
> If it is possible to run the app in a way that this doesn't
> happen, suspension should actually work.

I agree with that.

Erik: can you please check the processgroups of all the processes of
a job:

ps -e f -o pid,ppid,pgrp,command

Is for a running job the processgroup the same for all subprocesses?
Is any script of "octave" (I don't know this application) using a "&"
to put the job in the background?

-- Reuti