[GE users] How to enable Windows Support in existing grid.

sneumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Fri Feb 9 08:51:06 GMT 2007

there seem to be two users struggling with this currently...

On Do, 2007-02-08 at 23:27 -0800, deval74 at yahoo.com wrote:
[...]
> > > Hi Marco
> > > Thanks for the reply
> > > I have used the information provided by you to configure Windows
> > > workstation asexecution host. i have created a separate queue for
> > > windows hosts, its giving healthy status for execution hosts.
This is where I am not yet.

> > > 1. copy windows binraies to $SGE_ROOT
Done.

> > > 2. qconf -mconf -> find sexsecd_params -> set execd_params to
> > > enable_windomacc=true
Done. It wasn't, even though I had set windows exec hosts to true
during inst_sge. Same effect.

> > > 3. $SGE_ROOT/util/sgeCA/sge_ca -init -days 365 (windows support
> need csp
> > > certificates)
Done. Which files does this create, and where should they live ?
I have them in $SGE_ROOT/default/common/sgeCA and /var/sgeCA:

/vol/sge/default/common/sgeCA/certs
/vol/sge/default/common/sgeCA/crl
/vol/sge/default/common/sgeCA/newcerts

> > > 4. In case of a csp installation: $SGE_ROOT/util/sheCA/sge_ca
> -user
> > > <win_admin_name>
Who is the win_admin, is that Administrator, or the user MSBI running
the sge_execd binary or the user sge owning the SGE_ROOT directory ?
I have created all three certificates.

/var/sgeCA/port1072/default/userkeys
/var/sgeCA/port1072/default/userkeys/sge
/var/sgeCA/port1072/default/userkeys/Administrator
/var/sgeCA/port1072/default/userkeys/MSBI
/var/sgeCA/port1072/default/private

> > > 5. qconf -ah <new_win_host(s)>
Done.

> > > 6. copy certificates to each windows host
Where do I put the certificates ?
I have copied the qmaster:/var/sgeCA to the exec host
as msbivmxp:/var/sgeCA owned by MSBI (the user running the binaries)
On the linux qmaster I have done "sge_ca -copy"
for the users sge and MSBI

> > > 7. run execd installation on new windows execd hosts
Done: install_execd -csp

The results are still the same, "request for user "MSBI" does not match
credentials for connection <msbivmxp.ipb-sub.ipb-halle.de,execd,1>"
on the qmaster message log, and "can't unpack gdi" on the windows execd.

I also double checked in the logs that bosth qmaster|starting up 6.0u9
and the execd have the same patch level

Any more ideas ?

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE

    [ Part 2, "This is a digitally signed message part" ]
    [ Application/PGP-SIGNATURE (Name: "signature.asc") 198 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]